School Meals at Brooklands cost £3 a day/£15 a week.
Our meals are provided by North Yorkshire and follow a healthy eating policy they are produced freshly every day in our school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
The menu for the school meals can be found here
You can view the North Yorkshire school meals food policy here
Free school Meals
From September 2014, all pupils in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 will be able to receive a school meal at no cost to the parent or guardian.
You are also entitled to free school meals if you are receiving one of the following:
- Income support
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (IR)
- Supported under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided that your annual income is less than £16,190
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
You may choose to provide your child with a packed lunch.
Please label all food containers and bags with your child’s name. The school will provide a storage area / facilities for packed lunch bags, in the most convenient and appropriate place possible. However the school cannot provide cooled storage areas and therefore cannot take responsibility for foods prepared at home and then brought into school. We are also unable to heat/ re-heat food at school, apart from in exceptional circumstances. However, pupils are able to bring hot food in a suitable thermos flask or container.